1. The Reviewer Rewards Program is offered at the discretion of OSA-The Optical Society. OSA has the right to terminate the program, in whole or in part, or to change the rules, benefits, or qualification criteria at any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of points already accumulated.
2. Points will be accrued in a Reviewer’s OSA account only when a manuscript review is submitted and rated by the journal editor. The rating step takes place when a First Manuscript Decision is made. Rereviews are rated by the editor when a Rereview Decision is made, if applicable.
3. Points will be applied to the Reviewer’s OSA account that is associated with the manuscript review request. If a Reviewer has multiple OSA accounts and receives review requests tied to different accounts then it will be possible for the Reviewer to accrue separate balances. Please contact OSA Customer Service to merge duplicate accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Reviewers must redeem their points within 36 months of the date the points are earned. Points that are not redeemed within 36 months will expire and be removed from the Reviewer’s account.
5. The OSA Membership Reward can be applied to a 1-year Individual Membership or as an equivalent discount for a 3-year Individual Membership. Currently membership discounts are not applicable to the Student or Early Career categories.
6. The $200 discount on Article Processing Charges or Optional Open Access fees can be redeemed with the following journals: Applied Optics, Biomedical Optics Express, Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Journal of the Optical Society of America B, Optica, Optical Materials Express, Optics Express, Optics Letters, and OSA Continuum.
7. Accrued points do not constitute property of the Reviewer and are not transferrable. Accrued points have no cash value.